Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WMD ENGINEER

Listening: Anberlin
Status: Euphoric

In the words of Tony the Tiger, I feel "grrreeeaaatttt!". This place surpasses all concept of beauty. I've seen the majesty of snow. I've felt the spray of the ocean from Hawaii. Culture made my skin tingle in Korea and Belarus. This place is rich with history, corruption, culture and beauty. I wish you could be here. I think about what we would be doing, saying and reflecting about. You are here with me somehow.

Fortunately, I haven't suffered from jet lag. Praise God! I think I've found the cure for it... just stay up the whole flight. Aside from the short trip from Denver to LA, I stayed up the whole time. Delirious but with eyes wide open.

Yesterday, we drove around the entire island stopping at WWII memorials, gorgeous bays, souvenir shops and then ending the day in a elbow-to-elbow crowded street market. I've also been building spit ball weaponry (hence the WMD Engineer title). I'll post pictures when I get home. For now you're imagination will have to remain in the fog.

I've been reading Matthew during my quiet times. Currently, I'm in the beattitudes section. Something I've been mulling over is Matthew 6:1-4. It was a huge reminder that I'm not here to prove something to myself or to others. I'm here to serve God by serving others. He is the only one watching who matters. Mediocrity might pass with people but it won't pass with Him so I'm going to give this trip everything I've got to give so He will be glorified.

Today, we will be having lunch with the other leaders for Disciple Now. Then, we will be recording a video somewhere on the beach fat with action. You may see a spit ball or two.

Love ya and miss ya!

Kristen Elliott (WMD ENGINEER).