Saturday, July 11, 2009

Chavez has leprosy. Just kidding.

No worries. He just got a funky rash on his face. It looks like it is going away. It is possibly from the medicine we are taking. But pray that it is gone in the next few days. He is also experiencing aches and pains. Possibly from the medicine. Maybe just Mexico. Who knows.

We are nearing the end of the first leg of the adventures that our Lord has for our church here in Mexico. It was an awesome experience that involved exciting possibilities for future trips to this part of the world. We are excited to come home and share some of the ideas we have gathered from our time here. 

Today involved a lot of driving from Mexico City to a city about four hours north of Denver. This is where we are staying for the night, and will continue in the morning towards Denver. It was very relaxing to be able to spend the evening on the beach and in the waves, and also had a really good dinner with Poncho and Gabriella. Plus, I get to bust it funky style with the mosquito net that is hanging around me. this is the first instance that we have used them so far in the trip.

Thank you so much for your prayers, and know that they have not gone unanswered by the Lord. We have gone so much further with His strength than we ever could have on our own. We now ask for safe travels. Both for Chavez as he makes his way home, but also when I catch up with Senor Ernie on Tuesday and fly to nearby Mongolia. I will be on the emotional drain from this first part of the trip, and I can already tell you that if I were to try and do all of this by myself, I would fall apart at the seams. I thank God daily that we have been given so much strength to work hard and endurance to continue being an encouragement to those who live here.

Well, it is getting late here, and since we are getting up early to leave tomorrow for Denver, I need to get some sleep.

Hasta la pasta!
Burt