Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Travel News

(This update is being posted by Ricky, on behalf of Señor Ernie, due to technical issues with Internet access while he travels)


We have arrived at our destination. All is well, although a bit tired. We saw rainy season . . . huge dust storm followed by huge rain storm! Internet is very slow so we may not even be able to post to the blog. If not, we will send the info via e-mail and Ricky can post for us. We will leave for the more deserted regions tomorrow. It will be good to get some sleep.

Travel was interesting. I sent Burt a note as I was getting on the plane in Atlanta. I was seated next to this cute kid. Then I found out that she had been separated from her parents. I volunteered to move so her mom could sit next to her. Guess what . . . 8 rows back . . . next to a woman with her baby and another woman. God has a plan. The woman with the baby had a husband 12 rows up. The other woman offered to trade with the man, who would now be seated next to me. Turns out he is a man from "SL" who is in charge of all of the organic farming efforts in "S" and who has an office in "Mexico City". We had a great 8 hours together and left having exchanged business cards. He invited me to his home if I were ever to come back to "SL"! Pretty Cool Huh!

In addition, my new seat had a large wad of chewing gum in the seat belt, obviously un-noticed until it was all over my pants. The stewardess worked for 20 minutes to clean up the mess . . . on the seat belt! She asked how I could be so calm and collected with such a mess. What an invitation. Turns out she was from Aurora and graduated from Hinkley HS!

Do keep us in your prayers. I'll share more, but it's a nap before orientation with the M's.

Blessing!

--Señor E.